Monday, April 21, 2008

4/7:屏東與夢時代之旅

Lool took Diana and me for a drive through Pingtung...
He showed us places and have some Pingtung delicacies like pork knuckles + wanton soup+ 烏梅汁 + Popsicles + ice cream.....
Pork knuckles: it is boiled in water and dip it in with its sauce (soy sauce+minced garlic) before you have a bite. According to Lool, you can add black vinegar to make it more delicious (he's right! Yummy!)
Verdict: great! not oily and you will beg for more!
Wanton soup: lots of wanton with a tasty soup and topped with chopped celery.
Verdict: Good! The amount of wanton is worth the price and the soup+the wanton is very tasty. The soup does not just feel like water+ salt.

烏梅汁:
a juice made with 梅子. A little sweet and a little sour. In my opinion, taste better with a little ice.
Verdict: Great! not too sweet. Just right!
Popsicles+ice cream: we went to 屏糖 for their famous ice cream and popsicles. Got typical flavors like pineapple, grape, strawberry, milk, taro... also got weird flavors like yeast+red beans, rice...
Lool and I ate about 5 of them (popsicle and ice cream combined) and Diana had about 4 (i think). I tried lots of weird flavors like yeast+red beans and rice...and also some ordinary ones like milk... not vanilla but milk. I don't know how did Lool ate his ice cream but he broke the spoon...(beats me)
Verdict: the popsicles and ice cream are good. I like the milk flavor and the rice (although its a little weird)... I'm not very fond of the yeast+red beans though... but according to Lool, its one of the best seller in the store...(I don't believe him at first but he swear that he is not lying). Well, I saw a show on TV introducing flavors of ice cream and the yeast+red beans is one of them. It's really a best seller(sorry Lool for not believing you).

On our way home, we saw one of the most wonderful sight I ever saw in my life.....
Clouds that look like: bunch of dolphins swimming in the sea...
Of course, i would not let the chance pass me by... I took a picture of it.. Sigh... Perfect!!!







We went back to school to deliver the pork knuckles and wanton soup of Domitille and Leo
Later that night, we went to Dream Mall to have a taste of 高雄空廚's dishes...

高雄空廚's pork knuckles:Lool and I had German pork knuckles (again) and Diana had chicken (she said she had too much pork knuckles for the day)... The pork knuckle was sliced thoroughly so all you have to do is pick up the bite-size meat and chew it. It is served with steam veggies like broccoli and carrots, fries, mustard and sauerkraut...

Verdict: Good but too much for one person! The pork skin is crispy and the meat is soft, juicy and easy to chew. Add a little mustard and sauerkraut and you're on the roll...
You can add rice if you want but make sure it will be for two people... Really too much for one... besides, it's not so expensive... Diana said the chicken is quite good but doesn't really know the actual taste 'coz I haven't tasted it... I'll report on it next time if I tried it...

1 comment:

Jepoyzters said...

wow naman... nag food trip ka di mo ako sinama...

yung picture ng clouds ang ganda nga! hahaha para talagang dolphins.. hehehe pero may patay na langaw yata sa window nakita mo ba?