Friday, April 25, 2008

4/8-4/9:緩慢之旅

At first, I really don't want to join Gabby and 杜姊姊 on this trip because I was not feeling well (i think it was because i got a minor injury in Kenting+a running nose+scratchy throat) but a promise is a promise so at the end... i still went with them (FIY: one type of people that i hate are those who break promises so even if I'm not feeling well, I will still keep my promise and go to a trip with you). I know it's not a good thing sometimes because then your companions will worry about you and they won't enjoy the trip so I want to apologize to Gabby G and sis To if my stubbornness caused inconvenience on your part.

We went to a 民宿called 緩慢 (Adagio in Italian which means slow or leisure; it is also a word used to describe music with a slow tempo.)
A note for my family, friends and people everywhere, if the purpose of your trip is to relax... visit Adagio in 阿里山... you will get what you truly needs...

緩慢民宿 Adagio: It is located in the quiet area of Ali mountain. The place is so different from the city. When we reached the place, we unconsciously do things in slow motions. Everything is so pretty, relaxing and stress free. Since a picture paints a thousand words, I won't describe the place... I will show the exterior AND interior with pictures that I've taken... brace yourselves people... here goes...
(coming out soon)
For lunch, we ate the famous 阿良鐵支路便當+春捲冰淇淋+檸檬愛玉... full...full...full... such a heavy lunch... and stroll around 老街of奮起湖 for after-lunch exercise... I didn't enjoy much of the walk because I feel terrible. I just want to go back to our room and take a rest (beside, it's a little humid so it's sticky and uncomfortable).
After selecting a key chain for our key with its partner hanged on our door and the scent for our shampoo, bath gel and lotion (we chose the rose one), we checked in and went to our room. I immediately took a bath and after drying my hair, I went to bed. Gabby and sis To toured the place while I sleep. They persuade me to go see a doctor and I insist that I just want to rest (sometimes, my stubbornness will really kill me).
After a long persuasion on sis To's part, I agree to visit a doctor. She is a nun from Holland. She is the caretaker of an activity center which is only about a hundred steps (note... steps only) from the place we are staying... She used a key tied on a nylon to check which medicine suited me. She hold the key tied on a nylon on top of a bottle of medicine and hold it on top of my hand and if it make huge circles it means that I really need the medicine (she kept telling me你感冒很厲害). We thought it was quite 神奇 but didn't actually believed her and didn't know how to explain what just happened. To make us believe, she tried it on Gabby too and well, what do you know! she doesn't need it because she is not sick (she told Gab: 你不需要...). We left the place with so much gratitude (especially on my part)...

Sister, thank you very very much and May God bless you always!!!

Had our dinner so I can take my medicine and again, I went back to bed... Gabby and sis To went to the top floor to see the stars... They saw few ones but saw a lot of fireflies though and also met a smart kid (a very smart kid)... They plan to see the sunrise the next day and I didn't plan on going but after they got back from star watching, they asked me if I'm feeling better and if I want to join them the next day. I was feeling a LOT better so I decide to join them...and what do you know, i was the first one to wake up the next day. Got a lot of energy!!!

The sunrise was beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!
Although it was quite cold and got tired from climbing up the stairs, we enjoyed the trip...

We had our breakfast, went back to bed (HECK! I woke up around 4 AM and Gab & sis To around 4:30~4:45 AM), made postcards (thanks to goldfish金魚), bought some delicacies from 老街 again and checked out... We really don't want to leave the place...but we have to get back to the reality right? so off we went...
At first, we want to try 嘉義火雞肉飯 and buy民雄肉包...the whole plan changed when we saw puzzle 56.. The architecture and the interior is so great that we decide to have our lunch there... Ate a long lunch (actually, it is snack time already when we had our lunch)... discussed a lot of stuff, from love life to work to family to... a lot of things... We headed back home a little tired but surely recharge and happy...

Adagio! I shall return!!! Wait for me...

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TRIP:
*I got a lot of rest (I slept most of the trip)
*sis To going crazy with Gabby's driving. It made her tense because Gabby wants to take pictures while driving on the mountain road and I kept asking Gabby to see the photos that I've taken.
*Sunrise
*Adagio
*postcard making
*visit to the sister from Holland
*talk during lunch in puzzle 56

No comments: